By Faye Holt Posted on 20th July 2021
Changes to haulier testing requirements for fully vaccinated UK hauliers returning from amber list countries
From 4am Monday 19 July, you do not need to isolate in your cab on arrival in England or take further tests after your day 2 test, if you have:
- been fully vaccinated under the UK vaccination programme, and
- have not been in a red list country or France in the 10 days before you arrive in England
Fully vaccinated means that you have had your final dose of an approved vaccine at least 14 days before the date you arrive in England.
You will need to:
- declare that you have been fully vaccinated on your passenger locator form
- show proof of your vaccination status to your carrier, e.g. ferry operator, when you travel
France – important information
The amber list rules for fully UK vaccinated people does not apply to France. If you have been in France in the 10 days before you arrive in England, you must follow the standard amber list rules for hauliers. This means you are subject to a day 2 test and further test every 3 days. You are also required to isolate in your cab whilst working in England.
Change to restrictions on entering Germany
Hauliers travelling to Germany from the UK only require a COVID-19 test if they will be in Germany for longer than 72 hours.
If you plan to be in Germany for longer than 72 hours, before you travel you must have either:
- proof of a negative COVID-19 test
- proof of vaccination or recovery
Keep updated with HGV and Haulier news here – OLMC FACEBOOK